July 8, 2021
This follow up class is designed to dive deeper into the work of decolonizing mental health settings and practices. We will address the difficult position most of us find ourselves in, having to participate in the very practices and systems that we aim to abolish and replace. This workshop will be more interactive so come prepared ready to engage. This event will center Black Queer experiences but will be useful for anyone looking to help themselves and clients who are trying to work and heal in hard spaces and situations.
Before the workshop, please fill in a brief survey here: https://forms.gle/pViTDs6rY3WkSKQE7
If you would like to submit a case in advance:
1) You can submit an individual, relationship, or organization.
2) (If submitting a person or relationship) Ensure that your case synopsis does not have any protected health information, (i.e. name, addresses, phone numbers). Please use pseudonyms and change information as needed to protect your clients.
3) Provide client demographics, presenting concerns, current and past modalities and treatment practices being used, and any questions/concerns you have.
4) Send cases in an email or as an attached word document file to Cassie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Submit BEFORE 3pm Central on June 28th 2021
Student discount and sliding scale available. Please contact us at email@example.com for details.
Workshop participants who opt to receive CE certification, please select the CEU option. This workshop fulfills requirement for 2 CE credits. CE sponsorship is approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR), credits are applicable to LCSW and transferrable to LCPC in Illinois. If you have a different licensure or are licensed outside of Illinois, please check with your licensure body before purchasing.
About the Speaker
Cassandra (Cassie) Walker, LCSW
Pronouns – They/Them/ Theirs
Cassie is a Black Queer Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Therapist, Activist, and Work in Progress. They are also a NARM Master Therapist in Training, certified in Hypnotherapy and NLP. They present a diverse array of intersectional topics related to race, gender, sexuality, BDSM and Kink, mental health, and social justice. Cassie provides therapy to adults, relationships, and groups. They specialize in the intersections of trauma, Identity, and mental wellness. Cassie is the founder and owner of Intersections Center for Complex Healing LLC and host of the Woke Mental Wellness Podcast.
Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party.